Guns
Hey everyone,

In my fine tradition of "biting off more than I can chew" when it comes to modelling & painting, I have decided to try something ambitious with my Rakkir. I have been a League of Legends tragic for a few years now, so it was inevitable I would start to paint up my Judgement range into some of my favourite LoL character/skin combinations.

Some of you may recall, the last Judgement model I painted, Bastian, was painted up in a "Dark Crystal Ryze" colour scheme. While I think I did a decent job on the colour scheme wise, I did not do any modifications to the model. It was purely as it comes out of the box.

bastian-ryze.jpg 

So this time around, I want to push the mantra further, and actually do some conversion work. My target this time is perhaps my favourite hero in LoL, Rengar. The skin I have chosen to try and emulate is the "Night Hunter" one. 

rengar.jpg 

night-hunter-rengar-01.jpg 

I am obviously not going to get Rakkir to look exactly like this guy, the starting differences are too great (for my skill level). However there are a few things I want to try to include in my version of Rakkir.
  • The colour scheme
  • The claw gauntlets
  • The spiked shoulder plate
  • The cloak

This is going to require some green stuff, so that will be the most challenging part. After raiding my bits box I found a bunch of things I think will prove most useful.

IMG_3420.jpg 

I am all set to embark on what I think will be a pretty cool journey. Hopefully it will work out ok!

Guns
Quote 0 0
Guns
Did some initial work adding the claws to his right hand, and replacing the shoulder plate with a spiked version. Next step is to do some general clean up with a hobby knife, and then start using green stuff for the cloak and adding straps to the claws and shoulder plate to make them blend in more with the model.

IMG_3429.jpg 
IMG_3427.jpg 
IMG_3428.jpg
Quote 0 0
Guns
The model after some airbrush work, and the base colour for the skin. Very early, however happy so far. [smile]

IMG_3456.jpg 

IMG_3457.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Guns
A few more WiP shots. Still have skin, cloak, weapons and armour pieces to go.

IMG_3466.jpg 
IMG_3465.jpg 
IMG_3467.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Guns
Got some work done on the skin, and base colours for the cloth gauntlets and belt. Coming together nicely at this point, I am pretty happy with where it is at.

rakkir-model.jpg

Quote 0 0
Guns
Just cloak and face to go, with a few little highlights here and there beyond that. Really happy with the model so far, spent more time on this than any other model I have painted over the last 25 years! Feels like I am getting better. [smile]

IMG_3487.jpg 
IMG_3488.jpg 
IMG_3489.jpg 
IMG_3490.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Guns
This is pretty much done now! Very happy with it, just need to do the base, and mount him on it. [smile]

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg 
IMG_3494.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Guns
I will take some proper studio pics at some stage, however here is the finished model. Was a great journey, and doing a few modifications with his cloak, shoulder armour and right hand gauntlet, to mimic the Rengar skin, was a lot of fun. I think it turned out really well in the end.

rakkir-1.jpg 
rakkir-2.jpg 
rakkir-3.jpg 
rakkir-4.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Sharper
Guns, he looks awesome mate and putting in the extra time really shows.

I'haven't made any mods to any of the 1st wave heroes and with 4 left to paint I'm not planning on it. I love them straight out of the box. I am definitely thinking of pushing myself with the wave 2 ones though and seeing stuff like this and what others are doing is making me really excited about converting and painting the next wave stuff.
Quote 0 0
Guns
Thanks mate! I appreciate your comments.

I started painting the range up as standard, however got the itch half way through and reverted to my normal thing of converting. 😉 Doenrakkar is next, already started converting him. Really looking forward to getting him done.

Guns
Quote 0 0
Sharper
My biggest issue generally is planning too big and then never finishing a project. I figured if i aim to just paint the range  i can get them done. 

With the next wave I have some ideas. Looking forward to Haksa, Styx and Allandir.
Quote 0 0

Judgement - The 54mm scale, MOBA inspired, table-top miniatures game

https://judgement.game